LEAP Africa, one of Nigeria’s leading non-profit organizations focused on leadership development in Nigeria for youth, entrepreneurs and corporate organizations with training programmes and activities across the region is hiring. Our mission is: To inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of African leaders by providing the skills and tools for personal, organizational and community transformation.
Job Title: Programme Coordinator, Youth LEAP
Reports to: Youth LEAP Manager
Leadership Effectiveness, Accountability and Professionalism (LEAP) Africa, established in 2002, is a non-profit committed to developing dynamic innovative and principled African leaders. We recognize that raising leaders is critical to nation building and wealth creation. Over the years, LEAP has inspired and equipped youth, business owners and social entrepreneurs to lead ethically while implementing initiatives that transform their communities and organizations for better; sustaining livelihood and contributing to national development.
LEAP achieves this through its training programmes, publications and most recently eLearning.
LEAP Africa seeks to recruit a Programme Coordinator for it YouthLEAP department.
YouthLEAP offers innovative leadership and work readiness programmes for youth with the primary aim of equipping them to live productively, lead ethically and motivating them to deliver positive change in their communities by either executing community development projects or building sustainable social enterprises.
YOUTHLEAP Programme Officer JOB DUTIES
- Report to and work closely with the Manager of YouthLEAP
- Formulate and implement a YouthLEAP strategy that aligns with the organization’s strategy, including the marketing and financial strategy
- Support the development and implementation of the annual SIPA Forums and other YouthLEAP’s programmes, projects and activities.
- Design and update YouthLEAP curriculum and provide training to youth, teachers and community workers.
- Conduct research and develop original material for YouthLEAP books and publications.
- Establish new strategic relationships with potential YouthLEAP partners and manage existing relationships.
- Write effective concept notes, proposals and reports.
- Manage the programme officers and project officers at YouthLEAP.
- Collate and report progress on the department’s projects periodically
- Manage the entity’s budget, drive sales and manage costs; ensuring transparency, accountability and efficiency in the use of the initiative’s resources.
- Support with the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of youth focused programming across Africa.
- Manage the YouthLEAP brand, actively promoting its programmes, services and impact through different media.
- Prepare regular reports on impacts of LEAP for all funders and supporters.
- Manage YouthLEAP’s budget and ensure transparency and efficient use of the organization’s funds.
Min Required Experience:
- Track record in curriculum development and instructional design
- Strong ability in the use of Microsoft packages
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong work ethic, a self-starter
- Leadership and Management Skills-Supervisory skills
- Project Management Skills
- Business Development and Marketing Skills
- Facilitation and Presentation skills
- Passion for youth development, education, training and Nigeria’s development
- Strong financial discipline
- Proven entrepreneurial ability and capacity to work with significant autonomy
- A high level of integrity and preparedness to keep stakeholders in
Qualifications and experience:
- A first degree is any relevant course will be considered.
- An advanced degree may be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ relevant work experience in the non-profit sector.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
If you would like to join LEAP Africa’s team and be part of building resilience and economic growth in Africa, please submit your application through the link below:
Deadline for Submission: August 21, 2017
Kindly note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to apply